Skip to main content

Arrogance




It really piss me off when i deal with arrogant people who believe that they are better than others because they are prettier, richer,or more educated.


They believe that they got it all.


Arrogance has different aspects like:


Racism: in 21 st century, i still see people who differentiate others based on skin color.


It happened once that my relative,who is btw black, called people with darker skin slaves, i got furious and asked him how can he still hold this idea when Islam empathizes that we all God slaves and no one is better than other except with religiosity and what made it worse that he himself is BLack


Arrogance was Satan biggest sin because he refused to obey Allah's orders because he believed that he is better than Adam (SW) only because he was created from fire but Adam (SW) was created from dust.


No one said that being created from fire is better than being created from dust but his ignorance blinded him




Atheism: arrogance can lead to atheism when one believes that he too smart to believe in something while not seeing it


so if you don't see me now while i am posting, then i am not existent to you, makes a lot of sense :S




Ignorance: because arrogant people are superficial, so most of the time they ignore the core value of the human because of superficial features.




there are a lot other aspects of arrogance but those are the ones i met recently.




My grandma, May she RIP, used to pray "اللهم علينا ووطى من أنفسنا"




My advice for myself and anyone who is thinking that he/she is better than anyone else for whatever reason to remember that we are from dust and to dust we return and what would matter then our deeds.


whether you are pretty , rich or educated, all that can go in a blink of an eye and then you would find people who look down at you exactly the way you looked down at others.




The prophet PBUH said that no one has an atom's weight of arrogance in his heart will enter paradise.


p.s. i love that tiger, very beautiful and strong




Comments

SudanGuardian said…
you are defiantly right, the problem is that this sort of mindset only divides the country and decrease the chance for diversity and development.the problem is that we have some of these people in Sudan. above all the prophet Mohammed (W.A.A.W) said that no Arab is superior over a non-Arab, and no white is superior over black. we are all the same but we just only look for our deferences more then our similarities.
OpeRon® said…
Dear Brownie..

I have been surfing your blog for the past hour, a true joy to read.. It is simple and very very personal .. I feel like I am reading my on thoughts "some of them at least" :)

Keep it on

P.S. I make the most perfect Brownies ever :)
Brownie said…
Mahid:
actually the one who refered to darker skin ppl as slaves is from my sudanese part, and he refered to the southern ppl, imagine how much racist is he, i told him then they have every right when they want to separate the south from the north, because i am sure they are also treated them as slaves too.
exactly we r all human.
el hamdolliah for Islam begad
Brownie said…
OpeRon:
is not it the nicest thing to start a day with?!
thanks alot for ur nice comment, my pleasure that u enjoy it =)

p.s. i am addicted to brownies, i will pick one in my to home inshaallah :)
Polka Dotted said…
e7''' I hate arrogant people... especially when most of their arrogance is MADE UP !... nezam ana geddo el basha , and when I was at harvard, w el ring abo 10000000 geneh w keda..

its a good thing that we're raised by a family that does not promote that.... cause some families do promote it... they are like teaching their children not to talk to anyone or keda...

Thank God
Brownie said…
BaTBeeT:
ah dolm mosiba akter, begad they are really stupid, lying can not last for too long.
yeah el hamdolliah gedan that our families are not that type.
SudanGuardian said…
Brownie, yep you are right but we can change this aspect in the minds of people because after all this sort of racism is everywhere but there are people out there that can fix it. i believe it needs time and education. by the way nice post keep on posting :)
Brownie said…
Mahid:
yes u r definitely right, we need education and persistence on change this view.
thanks alot for pssing by and comment =)
Anonymous said…
Asslamu aleikum,
Great post! We need to remember how Allah SWT detests arrogance but LOVES humbleness. Keep writing, sister--the deen needs you! :)
Brownie said…
Noor:
we alikom el salam we Rahmato Allah we barakatoh
thanks a lot for ur nice comment =) really appreciable
sabrina said…
I know what you mean -- sometimes I wish I could just humble those people -- but then I'm reminded that it's not my place. Instead, we should make du'aa that Allah (swt) protects us from people like that, and keeps us safe from ever displaying those characteristics ourselves.
Brownie said…
Sabrina:
u said one important thing that we should be aware not to fall in that ya Rab

Popular posts from this blog

My Last 20 Something

It is my last 20 something birthday unless I live to be 120 something =) I feel happy and grateful el hamdoliah for all I have been through. I love when I feel good on my birthday el hamdoliah. Although I have not achieved what I want but am so grateful for what I achieved so far el hamdoliah. I have done my best so it is not my fault that life was not that easy el hamdoliah. I have a lot to do in last my last 20 something :) Taking off my braces..Yaahhhh \0/. Getting a car inshaallah. Travel abroad inshaallah. Be a better person inshallah. They say 30s are the best, I have one year to try, I would let you know how they are inshaalah

25 things u don't know about me

I was tagged Noly but this is a difficult one, i was asked to write 25 things people do not know about me, so after long thinking and asking sister and a friend, we came up with this list: 1. I am half Egyptian and half Sudanese 2. I can not swim, and I wish so much that I learn it oneday. 3. I can never imagine myself married to someone I don't love. 4. I am an optimistic person; whenever I see anyone being depressed I can get him out of it even if I am depressed too. 5. I am unlucky person. 6. I did not know that I am romantic person until recently when I discovered that my favorite movies are those romantic type even so I still don't like Tamer Hosni ;) 7. I love my niece gedan, sometimes I wish my sister give her to me :) 8. I hate to be lonely. 9. I am a worried person, whenever I have something on my mind, I keep thinking about it over and over. 10. I get bored so easily. 11. I feel blessed at many times. 12. I can not judge people at all, all of them are good till they

A psychiatrist

A shrink, a psychiatrist or whatever they call it. That is something i don't want to do. I don't want to listen to people complain about their lives. I don't want listen to sobbing about their lives whether it is really bad or they are spoiled. I don't want to listen to people problems while my mind is occupied with mine. I don't want to listen when i can not give a solution. I don't want to go step by step to find a solution. I don't want to talk about failed marriages, relations, weird orientations , or even addiction. Oh God,that is a really tough job, gloomy job to have, May Allah help them. What is the job you can never do it?!