Skip to main content

Old & Single

I know that many have talked about this topic but here I want to talk about my personal experience.
I am 29 years old and single and of course am still staying at mom's house, so here are some highlights of my life of being old and single.

I never imagined how a husband or a partner to be specific is very essential until I lost my friends to marriage. It is like "We are friends, till marriage fall us apart".

I have to understand that they are busy to go out or even to call every now and then. I have to understand that our meetings can be canceled and modified according to their agenda. Which I normally don't understand and that slowly ends our friendship.

Your siblings have moved out too and although they always there for you, you still cannot reach them all the time. They have their own lives now and other people to look after.

Your mom is old and settled, your interests are completely different, while you have this youth madness. You want to explore the world while she wants you to set still, so that someone can notice you and propose so she can get off her burden.

Whenever you talk about good news, work-related or travel or whatever, a prayer for finding the right one is always the answer. a reminder that you happiness still is not enough, you still miss the most important part.

Your friends started to give you advices, they would never dare to do it, but since they are now guarded with their rings, no one could understand them wrong. You are the one who should be taking the risk unwillingly.

One week engaged in her earliest 20s, share her experience with you because ya 7aram you don't know what does it mean getting engaged, she knows more than you do, have not you noticed the ring?!

Lets not talk about the family gatherings and all advice and the worse one "shedi 7ilk" ok but what am I supposed to do exactly?! then the blank face come into scene.

I hate when I share people about my dreams of a perfect marriage and they transfer the negative side of their marriage, then why you want me to get married to be miserable like you are saying? it is not always real because we complaint a lot 3ashan el 7asd.

I really don't care about what other people think, but I want to get married.

I am old and till now am not ready to give up the qualities I want in my husband, I don't expect him to be perfect at all, but I want him to fit me perfectly.

I hate being alone and am missing being part of someone future plans.  the sweet "we are going to" phase.

I want someone to be always there for me, not only whenever he is free.

I want to be priority in his life.

That is it, till then am happy old single woman.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Why do you keep on saying 'OLD" , you are 29 not 39 or more !
and you aren't a woman , if you are still in your twenties you are a young lady, 29 is a young lady 35 is a woman !
deppy said…
I can relate to every word, if that would make you feel any better.

Problem is they make you feel like a burden, they force their peer pressure, just to compliment their egos or whatever. They reached a point where they think that we control our destiny and not allah. And that we are the sole reason why we're not married, just because we're "seeking perfection" or whatever.

Once I cornered my mum and she was like "ana 3ayza afra7" I told her "just because you want that doesn't mean I will compromise and bend my life for you, you will not do me any good when one day I turn to you with an abusive husband and a kid in my hand, like with my friends. I think Allah put me in this position to learn and not repeat their mistakes."

But that also doesn't make any sense to them, their heads work one way,عايزين يداروا العورة الإجتماعية.
Brownie said…
Anonymous:

Thank you, I love young lady more :)

Deppy:

I feel that moms are raised together, ana kaman mom tell me this sentence "ana 3aiza afra7" I replay back me too bas marriage is riz2 and it not like finding a job, because marriage you can do nothing about it except waiting and see what Allah gives you, although mom does not believe so.

Yalla Rabena yehdihom =)
Anonymous said…
Okay , we get that you are "old and single"! although 29 isn't an age where someone says about herself "old" nor it is an age where someone says "she's a woman ", you aren't 39 or 49 you are only 29,so why not post something else ? , i like to read more posts (but not those saying you are old and a woman !) :)

Haneen
Brownie said…
Haneen:
Thanks a lot for your nice comment, I have very cheerful post on my mind, But am waiting for something to happen so pray for me to be able to write it soon inshaallah :)
Anonymous said…
Good ,waiting for your cheerful post :D.
Anonymous said…
Where have the cheerful post gone ?! :p

Haneen
Sally said…
ربنا يرزقك الصحبة الصالحة والزوح الصالح والسعادة يارب .. انتي بجد تستحقي دا

محظوظ هو زوجك المستقبلي :)
Crystal Lobna said…
I know it's an old post, but bare with me cause I hardly go to blogs anymore. anyways, I know that everyone is telling you , 29 is not old. and they are right, but I also know why you feel that way. been that done that. for someone who hit 30 very much single I know the feeling. Just let me tell you my advice after i got engaged , which is the exactly the same from before the ring, DON'T you ever compromise your dream guy to make people around you satisfied. Only you knows who best for you. Let it always be about the guy not the fact that you are in a relationship, it fades off. but the right guy never does. Enjoy life to the fullest when you are single make everyday counts , it really is a blessing in disguise
Brownie said…
Crystal Lobna,
عودا حميدا :)
When I read your comment, it made me smile although I never give up my dream man, but hearing from someone and not me, this way, makes me feel that am on the right track so thanks a lot.

Congratulations for your engagement, Happy long life together inshallah =)

Popular posts from this blog

My Last 20 Something

It is my last 20 something birthday unless I live to be 120 something =) I feel happy and grateful el hamdoliah for all I have been through. I love when I feel good on my birthday el hamdoliah. Although I have not achieved what I want but am so grateful for what I achieved so far el hamdoliah. I have done my best so it is not my fault that life was not that easy el hamdoliah. I have a lot to do in last my last 20 something :) Taking off my braces..Yaahhhh \0/. Getting a car inshaallah. Travel abroad inshaallah. Be a better person inshallah. They say 30s are the best, I have one year to try, I would let you know how they are inshaalah

25 things u don't know about me

I was tagged Noly but this is a difficult one, i was asked to write 25 things people do not know about me, so after long thinking and asking sister and a friend, we came up with this list: 1. I am half Egyptian and half Sudanese 2. I can not swim, and I wish so much that I learn it oneday. 3. I can never imagine myself married to someone I don't love. 4. I am an optimistic person; whenever I see anyone being depressed I can get him out of it even if I am depressed too. 5. I am unlucky person. 6. I did not know that I am romantic person until recently when I discovered that my favorite movies are those romantic type even so I still don't like Tamer Hosni ;) 7. I love my niece gedan, sometimes I wish my sister give her to me :) 8. I hate to be lonely. 9. I am a worried person, whenever I have something on my mind, I keep thinking about it over and over. 10. I get bored so easily. 11. I feel blessed at many times. 12. I can not judge people at all, all of them are good till they

A psychiatrist

A shrink, a psychiatrist or whatever they call it. That is something i don't want to do. I don't want to listen to people complain about their lives. I don't want listen to sobbing about their lives whether it is really bad or they are spoiled. I don't want to listen to people problems while my mind is occupied with mine. I don't want to listen when i can not give a solution. I don't want to go step by step to find a solution. I don't want to talk about failed marriages, relations, weird orientations , or even addiction. Oh God,that is a really tough job, gloomy job to have, May Allah help them. What is the job you can never do it?!